Saturday, November 27, 2010

Derp derp dupe.

Noodle Arms and I watched this really cool little horror movie this morning called Trick'r Treat. I'd never heard of it before, which is odd because it had some pretty well-known actors in it (Anna Paquin, Brian Cox, Dylan Baker). We always watch horror movies during the day because although we enjoy them, we are also weiners who get freaked out by anything even slightly scary.

Anyway, on to the next in my MAC dupe series. I only have one more after this one; I don't own that many MAC items. Humid is a colour I've been wanting for ages, mostly because I love green eyeshadows and it's one that always gets a mention when people talk about green eyeshadows (along with Urban Decay's Mildew, which I also don't have and would love to try). I picked it up a while back from ACW, and although I do really like it, if I'm honest I already have about eleventy million other greens that are similar to it. Including the green bit of the Wet'n'Wild Cool As A Cucumber palette.

They don't really look all that alike in the palette. The Cool As A cucumber one has more of a grey/blue tinge to it. But what about the swatches?

This one is taken outside in natural light. Humid is on the left, Cool As A Cucumber on the right. Not an exact match (you can see that the Cucumber is slightly more grey/blue leaning), but pretty good. Certainly on one's eyes I doubt you could tell the difference.

This one is taken inside - the difference is a little more obvious here, with the clearer "greenness" of Humid showing up more. But again, pretty darn close. I think I could have probably stuck with Cucumber and not bothered buying Humid.

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. wow, they look a like :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could well be on to a dupe there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they looks so similar!
    LOL, I remember that movie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's definitely a dupe! I wonder if Humid has better staying power though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen, funny you should say that - I was just thinking earlier about doing a bit of test along those lines with some of these dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be awesome I'd be very interested in the results!

    ReplyDelete